Sunday, October 26, 2003

2 Millionth Web Log--It seems that everyone and their grandmother has a web log these days. My initial post reflects this. It is also intended with all due irony--this summer the United States prison population passed the two million mark. I'm guessing that this did not generate quite the same level of celebration as, uh, a store celebrating its two millionth customer, but I'm hoping to draw a cartoon with this theme sometime soon.

What did the two millionth prisoner get? A brand new set of shackles? And what was his/her crime? Drug use, maybe? Rush Limbaugh should have been the "lucky" one.

I also use 2 Millionth with a note of pessimism, as it is my hope that I don't become prisoner to this, even as I now use web logs constantly--for talking points, for political news, more political news, legal news, and so on. Web logs provide an eyewitness view of the Iraq tragedy, they help me get to articles I might not see, and they generate debate in a way that only the internet can. Also, in a what the hell attitude, why not add my voice? Sure, the likelihood of anyone reading this approaches lotto odds--but stranger things have happened. So, in this spirit, let's get started....more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment