Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Holiday "Spirit"

I don't know what's weirder--everyone wishing you a Happy Holiday or many of the same folks trying to run you over in their cars, while leaning on the horn and showing you the Holiday Finger.

Tis the season.

Finished my Holiday shopping, which is one of my least favorite things to do. It's enough to keep me away from stores for several months, which is a bad strategy, since there are always post-Holiday "dump the merchandise" sales.

This year, I'm gonna try to motivate myself for one more round of consumer spending, as I actually have a few things I honestly need. But I know it won't be much fun.

And--the ongoing saga of my car continues to vex me--the damn thing won't shift into overdrive on the highway. There is plenty of transmission fluid in the resovoir. But it went from being stubborn--would wait ten miles or so to shift--to more stubborn--won't shift at all.

I might not hit the stores after all. The last time I had a car with transmission problems, it set me back $1300. And that was ten years ago.

Maybe the mechanic (or the mechanic's family) will enjoy shopping with my money...

No comments:

Post a Comment