Monday, January 12, 2004

I've Been a Slacker

Apologies for the no post weekend--although I did manage to knock out some tasks that had been on the back burner for a while.

However, in the best slacker tradition, I'm NOT attending Kathleen Blanco's inauguration in person. Might catch a little on TV, but I'll let others deal with the crowds.

I'ld like to think that they give us the day off so that we won't make a busy day in downtown Baton Rouge even worse, so perhaps I'm showing evidence of good teamwork or whatever they call it.

One note: with some amusement, I saw a woman on television last night with the last name of Reed--she's on the soon to be governor Blanco's transition team. It took a second to realize why her name was familiar: we'd set up a user id for an individual "kreed" at the transition team office. A number of people used this id to log into one of several computers--and, as you might expect, it kept getting locked out because not everyone had the right password.

Anyway, I'll be back after the swearing-in...

No comments:

Post a Comment