Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Updated

At last. This was motivated by a comment at Atrios, which led me to The Island of Balta. I encourage anyone who wishes to take a look at the island, in particular, this post about Billy Tauzin, the slithering reptile US Representative from Louisiana's Third District. Looks like you can purchase Billy for the low, low price of slightly more than $1million a year (no word on whether this is on the installment plan).

Timshel, as usual, was on top of this several days ago.

Full Disclosure: I usually try to hit several homepages when reading comments at one of the big sites like Atrios'. I figure maybe others do the same. The odds of someone dropping by are a little bit better than playing the lotto. That said, Balta writes some good stuff, and was nice enough to drop a comment in below regarding my post entitled Myth. So via a combination of courtesy and merit, Balta is linked to from here.

I don't ever figure to make it to the rarefied air of the big leaguers like the aforementioned Atrios, but hell, anyone with a mouse and/or a keyboard can potentially find my screeds. Without trying to be too self-referential, this is the opposite of the point I was trying to make in the myth post below, and to which I added a comment of my own. Besides, I feel as qualified to speak about issues as most pundits, and a good bit more qualified than some (see Kurtz, Howard, Krauthammer, Charles, Brooks, David, Noonan, Peggy, et al).

And no, I'm not going to link to them. I actually linked a while back to the Free Republic site, and I'd like to think that counts as equal time for the foreseeable future.





No comments:

Post a Comment