Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Auspices

Rare stargazing spectacle as planets align is the title of this CNN article. Hopefully this is a good auspice as I begin yet another year on the planet--for the record, my, uh--ah what the hell, I ain't gettin any younger and I might as well not lie--my 39th year.

By coincidence, TheLeftCoaster is also a March Aries born on the 24th. And I've just noticed that Mr. Soto isn't on my list on the right. Apologies--that will be fixed before the morning is over.

Other good news is that, while my dad is still hospitalized, things are looking a lot better than on Sunday. And it looks like I'll be able to make it to DC for the March for Women's Rights next month, although that means no Festival International--and I'll miss the first week of Jazz Fest, but should make it back in time for the second weekend.

Last night I jotted down some notes while C-Span replayed the 9/11 Commission hearings. I was downing a bottle of wine--French wine, and I make NO apologies for that--during the show, so maybe I should get them edited and organized before posting.

Now I just have to get over the nausea that came with eating a piece of the chocolate chip cookie "cake" some of the folks here at work presented me. I haven't eaten a food product that contains that much sugar since I had a Twinkie sometime in the early 80's...

No comments:

Post a Comment