Friday, March 26, 2004

Busy Morning

I've been dealing with what I call a zero-sum move by one of the agencies here in DOA. It's sort of like the old drill seargent task--dig a hole, then dig another hole, etc. etc. I'll have something after lunch, but in the interim, check out Timshel's post about a lawsuit in the alma mater's town: Madison, Wisconsin (I'm feeling a cold chill just typing the name--hell, it took me three years to thaw out after moving back).

In a nutshell, a group of UW students are suing a number of downtown bars and the Dane County Tavern league, alleging price fixing on drinks under various anti-trust statutes. I took a look at the Cap Times article--with the exception of one club, I've imbibed in them all.

Well, it's a class action lawsuit, but I can't be part of the class, much to my chagrin--I wasn't there when the price fixing went into effect. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment