Tuesday, March 23, 2004

"Iraq! Saddam! Gotta Go Potty!"

I've been reading the big league writers, and a few more--I know that most of y'all have the links, and for the one or two that don't, check the right side of this page. What I've been noticing from reading and from what I've seen (the 60 Minutes segment, the McClellan briefing, etc.), is that the Bushistas are doing their best to attack Clarke on various personal levels, but miss out on the major theme of the book: that Bush was so obsessed with Iraq that he was willing to use 9/11 as a pretext for invasion.

Funny, Paul O'Neil emphasized the same thing. DiIulio didn't focus in Iraq, per se, but pointed out how sane, rational policy takes a back seat to the Mayberry Machiavellis. I'm sensing a pattern here. And it's not a pretty sight.

In the case of Iraq, George W. Bush, like it or not, showed all the restraint of a 4 year old waiting in line to use the little boys room. Jumping up and down in an I-gotta-go-real-bad jig, he eventually he pissed himself, then prounounced he was pleased with the consequences.

Now he expects us to clean it up...

No comments:

Post a Comment