Thursday, March 11, 2004

Will They Outsource the Manufacturing Czar's Position?

The Island of Balta points out that the new "Manufacturing Czar," Anthony F. Raimondo, owns a company that laid off workers here while spending $3 million dollars building a new plant in Beijing.

How will Bush introduce Raimondo when the appointment becomes official--"Here is the fox I've hired to guard the henhouse"?

Remember, Gregory Mankiw, chief economic advisor to this administration, literally cheered and clapped over outsourcing recently, all but saying "bring it on."

Oh, and last night, I came across a speech on C-Span by Rep. Peter DeFazio, D-OR, regarding the appointment. According to DeFazio, it was to take place today, but there's a small hitch: Raimondo is in China.

I wonder when Bush will appoint Ken Lay to chair the S.E.C., Jack Kevorkian as Surgeon General, Karl Rove to run the F.B.I., and Ahmad Chalabi to head the C.I.A...

No comments:

Post a Comment