Tuesday, April 27, 2004

As a Matter of Fact, I Didn't Have Time to Post

Catching up with friends as well as going to what the organizers called the largest march in our nation's history--with which I concur--kept me off the internet this week. I appreciate those of y'all who've stopped by even in my absence, and I'll try to resume irregularly posted screeds either later tonight or tomorrow.

It wasn't like I didn't have ANY internet access--I could've hoofed it over to a local public library, but...anyway, I didn't keep up with my regular reading either. I'll be trying to catch up with those of you whom I read and appreciate. It might take a few hours or days, here's to getting up to speed with y'all's posts and adding comments here and there.

BTW: the march was fantastic. The media, of course, was weird. CNN (sorry, I'm a little tired from traveling and will just post the link to the main site) lowballed the crowd estimate and said 300,000. The march organizers gave an estimate of 1.1 million, and Park Police veterans (the police don't give official estimates anymore) said around 800,000. My own experience with large crowds is Jazz Fest and Mardi Gras. This march, IMHO, was bigger.

Another friend just called to check in, so I'll cut this short. As promised, I'll be back to post. Thanks again for checking in...

No comments:

Post a Comment