Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Sorry, But That's Classified

BAD ATTITUDES has a good summary, and I've also seen posts at Balta and TalkingPointsMemo.

Condoleezza Rice's undelivered September 11th speech, which the Washington Post reported on last week, is being withheld from the 9/11 Commission. Think about that...

I can't find it over at ThisModernWorld (am scanning through the archives, but I need to post and run to lunch--will be in meetings for part of the afternoon)--but I remember a cartoon from Tom Tomorrow's first book that featured "General Schwartzkopf" "answering" questions in an all-too-familiar style.

"General is the sky blue? Is the grass green? Is the pope Catholic?"

"I'm sorry, but we're in no position to discuss the color of the sky."

"Pete, do you have anything about the color of the grass? No? Sorry, can't discuss that."

"One thing I CAN tell you about the Pope--he's a very religious man."

I'll update this if I can find a link to the cartoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment