Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Busy

If I was Vice President Cheney, I'd tell the Division to...you know.

But, since I'm not, and the biweekly paycheck is an important part of my budget--well, when my number is called, I have to deal with the problem, in this case a very odd DNS issue vis-a-vis our network and a single outside host. Unfortunately, said host MUST be resolved by our DNS servers, and this has been hit AND miss lately, and therefore not acceptable. In layperson's terms, it's sort of like how Blogger works--or doesn't--at times.

To be honest, this one really has me stumped. DNS is normally pretty easy to deal with, but this particular issue isn't even what I call "Microsoft normal," which is somewhat conceptual. No, this one is simply weird.

Now, one fun thing is that as part of the troubleshooting process, I get to see, in aggregate, the websites being browsed by the Division. Interesting. Wish I could sort them out by individuals.

OK. Microsoft Tech Support just picked up. Back in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment