Tuesday, June 01, 2004

It's Not the Heat, it's...Well, it IS the Heat

Riverbend manages to put some time at the computer. It's too bad that she hasn't been able to post much lately, but I can't say I blame her.

Hell, down here, life without an air-conditioner would be--well, I don't even want to think about it. This past week I even had to run the AC in the car, which I rarely do. Afternoons arrive with rain, which then steams up following the cloudbursts, making everything feel parboiled. I can only imagine how it is in Baghdad. I guess it would be like living in your oven.

Riverbend writes that electricity is up for two hours, then down for four. Generators are breaking down from overuse and poor quality fuel. And the real dog days of summer aren't even there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment