Monday, July 19, 2004

Arrogance is as Arrogance Does

For those who can stomach it, C-SPAN ran their interview with Big Time Dick Cheney (and Mrs. Dick) over the weekend. I caught most of it last night, and somehow managed to NOT throw a brick through the TV screen.

I'll explain more about my patience re: bricks, TV screens, and throwing in a subsequent post. However, if you want to see genuine venality in strong concentration, either tune into C-Span or hit the website for the video stream. Personally, I actually got small kick out of watching Big Time once again justify F-Bombing Senator Pat Leahy--and Lynne added her own pathetic attempt to sound folksy--something like "we're from the West, where folks use direct language."

Oh really, Lynne. First, you look like you belong on the range about as much as I look like I belong in a sumo wrestler's costume. Second, if that kind of language IS something that's ingrained into your soul, well--let's just say I'd be happy to engage in a frank exchange of views with you and/or your husband ANYTIME. Finally, like it or not, the two of you both look like a couple of tired, old, overfed and overstuffed prairie-WASPs.

If Dick's language is just fine, it makes me wonder what kind of problem y'all had with the Move On ad contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment