Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Bullsh*t

Leave it to my local CBS affiliate to make a mockery of public trust. According to their 10 o'clock news, they didn't run the 60 Minutes segment on pResident AWOL due to "contractual obligations." Right.

Apparently enough folks called to inquire about this, so, in the interest of "fairness," WAFB will run the show--at 2:35 am.

Now, I'll admit, I made the decision to forego the airing anyway, as I had things I had to do, and it's not like I don't know the story. But, regardless of the gutting of the fairness doctrine (thanks to the Reagan administration, which, as Richard Viguerie pointed out the other day on C-Span, allowed fat drug addicts like Rush Limbaugh to bloviate without a counterpoint), this is a prime example of how Bush relies on local television to carry his water and bear his rifle. Never a contrary word is offered by local media to Bush's simplistic, arrogantly ignorant world-view. And that's how Bush (and Rove) want it.

I will shout out thanks to those "numerous" viewers, in the words of the idiot anchor George Sells, who requested that the broadcast be aired. Unfortunately, 2:35 am is their reward.

Bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment