Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Not That it Really Matters, But...

I might as well acknowledge a minor conspiracy theory making the rounds. Here's Dave Lindorff in Counterpunch asking whether or not Bush used an earpiece in Thursday's debate.

If nothing else, it would explain the bizarre "Let me finish" that Dubya blurted out to, um, well, nobody. While I think it's pretty evident that the pResident's skin is so thin it has to be measured in microns, I found myself wondering why he'd say something like that--I thought, "maybe Lehrer did something that suggested he was ready to move on to the next question."

More on whether or not Bush wore an earpiece can be found here. For the record, I don't think the bulge in his back is proof positive--I'm inclined to believe he's donning some sort of bulletproof vest, although that would certainly make it easier for him to accessorize with a wireless receiver (begging the question of who's REALLY the metrosexual--a guy who accessorizes with a vest and receiver, or a guy with an inkpen?).

Also, if you follow Joseph Cannon's links, you'll find something I consider a little less surprising: George W. Bush, the Hard Working Man, seems to have brought a crib sheet with him to the show. Yeah, the link's pretty fuzzy, and, like my title says, I don't think it really matters in the sense that anyone should holler too loud about 'the rules,' but it does speak volumes that Bush's handlers feel it's necessary to prop him up so extensively.

Writing out crib sheets is hard work...

No comments:

Post a Comment