Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The Color Purple

First, sorry for the slow posting--I'm trying to simultaneously take care of personal items and do a few work related things...so it's taking me a while to catch up on all that's going on.

However, in the course of catch-up, I came across this at TalkingPointsMemo--a letter to Marshall:

What makes me uncomfortable in all this red state/blue state talk is that people like me who happen to be liberal in a red state just don't seem to count. We get written off because we're surrounded by conservatives.

I live in Kentucky. Kentucky went 60/40 for Bush. But 40% is a fairly sizable minority.


Yes, it is. People keep forgetting that. I laff a bit at sites like this, but at the same time I wish folks like the person(s) who wrote it would realize that we're doing what we can down here. Fighting ignorance isn't easy in the best of times, and these aren't the best of times.

Here's another way of looking at it (and I'm guessing you've already seen it, but...). In a word, it's nuanced--and the term "nuanced" ain't all that difficult to understand--even for a Red State True-believer.

How about a web site saying "Fuck Stupidity" instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment