Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The War in Pictures

Greenboy at Needlenose discovered that Kevin Sites, the news photographer who took the footage showing a Marine killing a wounded Iraqi insurgent, has his own blog: kevinsites.net. It turns out that Sites had to leave CNN because of it.

A new blog chronicling the devastation of Fallujah and the toll on human beings is also up: Fallujah in Pictures.

Both websites are worth checking out.

Side note: This is slightly off topic, but something that's bothered me for some time while watching the rising death toll--both US and Iraqi--is the effect this will have on kids who've lost parents. I remember when I was very young my dad went overseas for roughly a yearlong tour of duty. Since he wasn't assigned a combat role (fortunately), it wasn't like he was gone forever. Still, it seemed like he was gone for a VERY long time, and, as a kid, this stuff affects you.

I can't imagine what's happening with the kids who've been told that their dad or mom will NEVER come back. And something tells me that one George W. Bush couldn't care less.

What a son of a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment