Thursday, January 20, 2005

Freedom on the March


pResident Bush takes the oath of office in Washington DC.

At least I can get on to more important stuff. Unfortunately, I couldn't make the Jazz Funeral for Democracy, nor could I scream while ensconsed in my cubicle, but work meant I was spared the spectacle.

So, the grayback, Ivy League, shit-kicker is promising more freedom, I hear. Liberty around the world. Now, that could mean more liberty for he and his cronies to continue on their chosen path (subscription or ad viewing required). Or perhaps it means more freedom for those Iraqis who apparently can't understand plain English. Or maybe it means freedom for retirees, survivors, and disabled citizens, who will no longer have to worry about whether or not their Social Security check is in the mail--because it won't be.

Or maybe he means more freedom of the kind meted out to the folks at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo.

Or maybe he means the kind of freedom Iyad Allawi is so fond of in Iraq (I thought an armed society was supposed to be a polite society).

Enjoy the extra freedom. But remember, freedom isn't free...

No comments:

Post a Comment