Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Goodwill

According to local news, the Islamic Society of Milwaukee made a substantial donation to the relief effort. I think they mentioned $30,000, but I'm not sure.

Note: local television has returned to network programming. I caught this news on a quick scan of the cable subcarrier. They were interviewing a representative from the organization who traveled down here to help. I'd like to offer a heartfelt thanks to those folks--and I'll note for the record that, the first time I actually had time and money to visit a foreign country (now ten years ago), it was to an "officially" Islamic nation--Morocco. Now, Morocco is as different from, say, Saudi Arabia as New Orleans is from Amarillo, but still I remember the absolute hospitality extended to me by these folks who are also "of the book," as it were--even those with little or nothing went out of their way to share.

Thanks again, y'all. And I hope have a wonderful and pleasant experience here in the Gret Stet.

No comments:

Post a Comment