Friday, September 09, 2005

It's not Race, It's...um...um...Geography!

(satire alert) In light of stories like this one chronicling the work of individuals like Gretna Police Chief Arthur Lawson--and earlier observations of what constitutes "looting" versus what constitutes "foraging,"...well, I thought I'd do a geographic analysis, based on the data available above...and my less than thorough knowledge of the city itself...

Maybe those who are from the area can provide their own, detailed analysis, based on their superior knowledge...I'm open to updates as they come in...

Uptown FORAGES
Storeyville LOOTS
City Park FORAGES
9th Ward LOOTS
Warehouse District years ago, probably LOOTED, but I think these days it FORAGES
Garden District FORAGES
Old Metairie FORAGES
Bywater Tricky--I think it depends on the street
NOLA East LOOTS
French Quarter LOOTS, but they call it FORAGING

Please feel free to add additions/corrections. As noted, I'm not an expert...just a well behaved semi-tourist (or so I'd like to think).

No comments:

Post a Comment