Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Pasha of Kenedy County


Big Time "regrets" shooting a man in the face...said something like "you can't blame anyone else," which I guess means the focus groups didn't really go for "it's Whittington's fault for getting in the way."

But that sure didn't stop Dick from pouring a cocktail, eating a sumptuous dinner...and deciding when he can issue fiats and edicts:

Vice President Dick Cheney says he has the power to declassify government secrets, raising the possibility that he authorized his former chief of staff to pass along sensitive prewar data on Iraq to reporters.

Cheney coupled his statement in a TV interview Wednesday with an endorsement of I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, his ex-aide. Libby is under indictment on charges of perjury, obstruction and lying to the FBI about disclosing the identity of undercover CIA officer Valerie Plame.

"Scooter is entitled to the presumption of innocence," Cheney told Fox News Channel. "He is a great guy. I worked with him for a long time. I have tremendous regard for him. I may well be called as a witness at some point in the case, and it is therefore inappropriate for me to comment on any facet of the case."


Cheney then invited Patrick Fitzgerald to accompany him on his next hunting trip.

OK, I made that up. About Fitzgerald, that is. The part about edicts and fiats, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment