Monday, April 24, 2006

Jefferson Cheney


"Jefferson Davis numbers" is how Countdown described Big-Time's 19 percent approval rating...while Shrub isn't likely to crow too much about his own rating of 33 percent.

I generally don't post too much about these numbers, because, oddly, I'm somewhat in agreement with at least the public pronouncements of Shrubusto: I don't base my own opinions on how popular they are or not. But we can always hope these latest ratings give us a decent idea of how many genuine wingnuts we've got to deal with. My own guess is that the 33 percent includes a fair number of "support the president...because he's the president" types, while Dick's base is likely the hardest of the hard core 'nuts.

And it's at least comforting to think that only about 20 percent of the public is ready to embrace, well, a form of corporatism that I thought went out of favor, oh, about 60 years ago or so. And while I don't think that's why the LA Times opined that Dick should go, I'm willing to make common cause.

And while they're sweeping out the dirt, I wouldn't mind an early retirement for "The Decider," too.

No comments:

Post a Comment