Friday, April 14, 2006

The Katrina "Palaces"


Oyster's source "Slider" (who, along with Curveball and Spitball, seems to know a lot of things) tells him these are actually "death labs on wheels" (or was that "meth labs?" Well, whatever)...

My own source, whom I'll call "Screwball," tells me that the palace pictured above is just another example of how New Orleanians expect to live in the lap of luxury while citizens in the rest of the country must make do with residences that AREN'T full of mold, in need of complete interior gutting, or lacking running water/electricity. They suffer silently in apartments or houses that comply with existing building codes--and some are even forced to endure agonizing climbs up a flight of stairs to reach bedrooms and/or bathrooms.

But greedy New Orleanians feel entitled to 400 square feet--or more. Some folks are even REPAIRING their existing houses palaces. And they actually expect the government to repair the levees that were fucking BUILT BY THE GOVERNMENT WITH EXPLICIT AND IMPLICIT GUARANTEES AGAINST BREACHING, FOR CHRISSAKES!.

Boy, that Hindrocket Dude really got it spot on--Shrub was the only person with the vision necessary to keep the greedy New Orleanians in check. (last link has audio that might not be safe for work).

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:33 AM

    Hi, I do think this is an excellent web site.
    I stumbledupon it ;) I may revisit once again since I book marked it.
    Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to help others.


    My webpage; www.cuming4u.com

    ReplyDelete