Monday, May 01, 2006

Satire versus Saccharine Bubblegum Humor

Today's the day for photoblogger to not work, at least right now. Go figure. After a rough morning here (weather over the weekend affected us), I've finally got a few minutes to post...but no pictures until they fix the latest failure.

Anyway...here's the latest Suspect Device comic...it's a lot better than the small graphic I was trying to post.

Back to the topic: if you haven't yet seen the video or read the transcript of Stephen Colbert's appearance Saturday, I highly recommend it...and, to be honest, UNTIL Saturday, I wasn't even that big a fan of the guy.

But he earned my vote.

Unlike the equivalent of bubblegum pop that preceded--a Bush impersonator tag-teaming with "The Decider" hisself...and maybe it was just me, but the impersonator's makeup looked, well, creepy...sort of like a wax museum piece, or zombiefied version of Shrub--anyway, Colbert, as Billmon points out, was/is genuine satire...and, sure enough, it caused much wailing and gnashing of teeth among the 'nut faction.

Hmmm...lemme think...I remember a phrase...yeah, that's right: Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

You can see/read more about this here, here, here, and here (and thanks to S/D for the last link).

And finally, I thought things had calmed a bit, but it's turning into a helluva day for me...will try to post more if I can find the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment