Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Vice Can Be Virtue


Earlier I saw a Joshua Marshall post noting his preference for French Market Coffee and Chickory (and his post-Katrina scramble to secure an adequate supply)...Oyster noted it and used this to announce he'll be adding his voice to TPM's After the Levees Forum (I added a comment noting that I've never been a fan of chickory...I'll stick to plain old Community Dark Roast with plenty of half and half. Aside: back in the 80's, Community's ad campaign mimicked a political campaign. If I remember right, the tag was something like "Community for State Coffee").

Anyway...after years of being maligned, coffee is now some sort of goddamned miracle drug, chickoried or not, I guess. Last week reports came out saying yer cuppa mud might cut down on alcohol-based liver damage...well, that's a relief.

Now a report comes out suggesting coffee might cut down your risk for diabetes, too. What next?...

By the time they finish studying the stuff, they may find out that it's better to head to the local barista instead of a corporate-profit driven HMO. Cheaper, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment