Wednesday, August 09, 2006

By the Numbers


Similar to the graphic that ran a while back in the Pic, the Environmental Defense Fund has a page where you can link to demonstrations of Category 2, 3, and/or 4 hurricane effects on selected coastal cities. It's well worth a look.

That said, I've been noting with frustration that my browser's "back" button doesn't work on any of the pages, but you can always right-click and open in a new window, which is what I've been doing (maybe Firefox works a little better, but I won't know until I try it from home later this evening).

A LOT of people in this country live in at-risk areas for hurricanes/tropical storms...or other disasters. Add in a government that's been proven as either uncaring or incompentent...or both...and that makes for a precarious situation, at least until 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment