Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Dune Buggy to Judgement Day


Well, I sure enjoyed the break--as did my shoulder and elbow--and I hope y'all haven't given up on me.

Maybe I wasn't doing the internets for the past week, but I managed to read a couple of short novels, enjoy some museums in the nation's capital...and, as soon as I manage to load the drivers, etc., I'll post a picture of yours truly with one of my favorite writers/activists: that's right--I had the lucky fortune to be in Durham at the same time as Barbara Ehrenreich. More on that later...

In the meantime, I'll simply note, as per the picture above, that the apocalyptic rhetoric seems to be emanating from Team Bush--both in volume and "subtance"--at levels normally associated exclusively with young males playing car stereos. As you might expect, my reaction is the usual mix/match: outrage, appalled, angered, troubled are just a few descriptives.

From what I guess we all can see, there's maybe a method to this sort of madness, in much the same way that, oh, I don't know, say, Microsoft products have a logic that's merely tangential to genuine logic...between the law breaking, the sweetheart deals at the expense of the general public, the military, and so on, the sheer incompetence that oozes from the pores of Team Bush at oceanic levels...perhaps they really DO feel like there's an apocalypse on THEIR horizon, should Democrats find themselves with subpeona power come next January.

On the other hand, and again, I'm not saying anything new here, shilling for mass murder with the zeal and enthusiasm they've demonstrated is, to understate, pretty goddamned disgusting. To paraphrase Marge Gunderson--and for what? A little bit of money...

I bet they don't even lose any sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment