Monday, January 15, 2007

It Was the Best of Times, It Was the Worst of Times

Well, one bit of welcome news is the return of First Draft after a weekend off the internets. Huzzah! And Scout-Prime inspired the title of this post with her observation that Baghdad and New Orleans will forever be grimly intertwined as examples of just how badly wrong things can go when you've got an idiot for a president...and dolts filling out the rest of the Executive Branch.

Meanwhile, in Baghdad, it seems as if Shi'a execution protocol is sort of doing the one-step-forward, two-steps-backwards dance...sort of a fitting metaphor for the whole sorry operation.

Speaking of sorry (as in pathetic, not apolgetic), I watched most of the Bush 60 Minutes interview, noting first, that the Gulf Coast is evidently no longer even a blip on the boy chimperors radar screen, and second, that it's almost uncanny that pretty much every word he says is directly, 180 degrees contradicted, by either the facts or his own body language. I mean, he actually insisted that he's got "thick skin." I don't think so
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Anyway--if you can stomach it. I try to think of these things as educational: how would I explain to someone in the distant future just what sort of mass dementia managed to grip the public at this time?

And, a side note: today will be a slow post day. I'm home for the holiday...by the way, it literally rained on the parade, but at least there was a parade, and I'll be catching up with some chores...and, well, probably watching Secret Honor. A friend and I were talking about it the other day (years ago, I rented the video), and I FINALLY found a way to cash in a gift card to the local Barnes & Noble.

Catch you later...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment