Friday, March 23, 2007

Pledge Week


I realize that it would've been inappropriate--and, in fact, virtually impossible--for Al Gore to stoop down to Jim Inhofe's putrid, pathetic, needs-to-be-measured-with-a-nanometer-stick level earlier this week...particularly the ridiculous "pledge" Inhofe managed to cough up in much the same manner that a cat rids itself of a hairball (apologies to cats everywhere for the comparison).

But hey, I'm just a humble blogger...well, I'm also literate, more or less, which kind of sets me apart from the Senator, but nonetheless, I'd like to see if "Maybe the Dumbest Senator of Them All" might swear to/sign a few pledges that I PROPOSE, starting with, well, how about the one he had his staff write up for Gore (along with an admission that global warming is real)?

I didn't think so.

For that matter, I wonder if Inhofe would admit that evolution is an excellent theory for explaining the diversity of life forms on the planet...in fact, I'll even compromise and admit that, no, he personally hasn't much evolving himself (maybe just enough to keep the knuckle-walking from being embarrassingly obvious). Then maybe he can come around to signing off on the idea that torture is not only evil, and wrong, but just plain stupid.

Finally, given his conservative leanings, let's see him promise to make his career in government LIMITED by foregoing re-election. And, also being conservative, I'd like to see him pledge to not take a single penny of his PUBLIC pension.

No, I didn't think so either. But at least we know that, while perhaps to stupid to know or understand the term, Inhofe is a textbook hypocrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment