Monday, April 02, 2007

Final Cat Update--Rest in Peace, Buddy

Hope for the best, expect the worst...it's probably good I kept thinking that. Because someone found the body today. They were nice enough to call, and very sympathetic. In fact, they lost a dog (hit by a car) the same night my cat went missing.

OK, so call me a wimp, but I'll be perfectly honest: I've shed a tear or two--or more--for the past couple of hours...even as I think that hey, at least I've got closure. In fact, what's really been maddening over the last couple of days is...not knowing what happened.

Anyway--he was just around the corner, in a small courtyard that's enclosed by a three-foot picket fence. I'd actually looked around there--or so I thought--but must not have been thorough enough. Or maybe he got there later. Regardless, he sure picked a pretty place to lie down for the final time. In fact, the courtyard is just a house down from this landmark, and the owners of the house/courtyard graciously offered to let me bury him there. Which is somewhat fitting: maybe I'm anthropomorphizing too much, but it always seemed to me that he took exceptional delight in the local flora.

Well, Rest in Peace, Little Man. I sure do miss you...

Back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment