Friday, May 04, 2007

Bad Pun Friday


Yeah, yeah, so sue me--it's Friday. My previous post has a picture I called nuts and bolts, now I've got Perle and swine...because of this:

CNN’s Wolf Blitzer interviewed former Iraq war architect Richard Perle to get his response to accusations by George Tenet that he was advocating an attack against Iraq in the days after 9/11. Perle acknowledged meeting Tenet a week after 9/11 at the White House, but claimed he never conversed with Tenet. Perle then said, “I never believed Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11.”

But CNN played a clip from 9/16/01 that showed Perle telling the network:
Even if we cannot prove to the standard that we enjoy in our own civil society they are involved, we do know, for example, that Saddam Hussein has ties to Osama bin Laden. That can be documented.

Actually, apologies to swines/pigs/hogs/boars, whatever--it's not their fault. Perle, et al, on the other hand, had better hope, ironically enough, that Guiliani's dead wrong--another pun, I guess--re: Saddam paying an eternal price for his own assholery...because otherwise Hussein's gonna have a LOT of company in that particular circle.

Anyway...here's to a nice weekend. Today saw a massive deluge in Red Stick, but it's supposed to be, well, if not clear, at least not rainy tomorrow and Sunday, and that means I'll probably find myself at the Fairgrounds, even if I really can't afford it.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment