Monday, July 16, 2007

When I Die, the First Stop Will be a Longer-Than-Expected Delay at Houston George H.W. Bush International

I'm convinced of it. In fact, if there's such a thing as purgatory, I'm certain it will resemble the "B Terminal, Regional Aviation" to such an extent that I'll feel right at home before, eons later, reaching my final destination...unless, of course, I'm going to hell...in which case I'll BE at my final destination.

Whod've thought hell would be so chilly?--but I guess Satan sometimes gets a kick out of turning up industrial strength air-conditioning when you're one, essentially captive (the delay was, for various reasons, indeterminate) and two, it's summer, which means the only long sleeve you carried (just in case) was packed away with checked luggage. Ah, that Satan--he can be a real son-of-a-bitch.

By the time my flight left, I could have finished the crossword(s) via brute force/random letter selection.

Anyway...sorry to get off to such a late start...and to be truthful, I had a nice time, under the circumstances: I attended a memorial service for a relative who'd recently passed away--it was not entirely unexpected, although it's still sad when it happens...the service was very nice, and seeing my other relatives was likewise good. It'd been a while since we'd all caught up with each other.

And, take care, Nonc Vic. We miss you...

No comments:

Post a Comment