Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Clarification


Apparently in Bushspeak, "whatever it takes" actually means "fuck you." I didn't realize...maybe they'll express regret about any confusion it might have caused.

Oh, and it must be a cold WEEK in hell, given that I actually appreciate Diaper Dave's reaction:

"I am stunned by the President's WRDA veto threat. And I have one basic response - I will enthusiastically work to override his veto," said Sen. David Vitter, R-La., in an unusually harsh rebuke to the leader of his own party. "Considering the well-publicized criticism of the way the administration handled this (Hurricane Katrina) disaster, I'm stunned. I'm afraid the promise the president made to the nation in Jackson Square comes across as hollow today."

I guess Dave didn't realize what Bush really meant, either.

h/t Jeffrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment