Monday, September 10, 2007

Or Not to Have a Mind At All...


I was just sort of skimming through this rather light article about a study suggesting that "liberals and conservatives think differently" etc., etc...the kind of thing that, if someone mentioned it to Shrub, he'd probably say something like "that's interesting" while making it clear that no he wasn't interested in the slightest...

Then I saw a link to a different story at the bottom of the page that brought home just what a silly luxury the whole "mode of thinking" study is, and how obscene Shrub's "splendid little little war" has become. I can't imagine veteran soldiers wondering about such things as they cope with traumatic brain injury and or PTSD, both of which are now at epidemic levels in the military. No, I expect that for thousands, "mode of thinking" is far less a concern than "restoring as much function as possible."

My local paper ran a story about TBI as well.

Sad to say, my guess is that our president would also find that "interesting" in an "I'm not interested at all" sort of way. After all, it undercuts what's sure to be a massive amount of spin chronicling how well the surge has gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment