Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Who Would Jesus Bitch-Slap?

Maybe he'd bitch-slap Tom DeLay

The former Majority Leader and possible future jailbird offers his own, somewhat unique, interpretation of Christian thought and behavior.
---

And some odds and ends here: first, looks like my Thanksgiving sojourn WILL be of the Plan B variety, as I-10 won't likely reopen for a couple of WEEKS. Cudd or Crudd Well Control, depending on your source or mood, is in charge of capping the well.

And...this is NEVER a good idea, trust me:

FOND DU LAC, Wis. - A would-be mugger apologized to his victim, saying he had the wrong guy. The man, 36, pulled a knife on a man unloading groceries outside his home, according to a Fond du Lac Police Department report.

I don't know, maybe this is a Wisconsin thing, but...

Many years ago, I got a late night call from...the Madison Police. They began to ask me questions about a friend...in a way that made me a little wary...so, I answered, but didn't volunteer anything. Then they asked me to walk over to their cruiser and identify my friend, which I did...whereupon they thanked me and directed me to return to my apartment.

After about a half-hour, my friend FINALLY was let out of the cruiser, and I invited him inside. What had happened was...he'd been walking, had seen someone whom he thought was me--it wasn't--approached from behind, and by way of "creative" greeting, said, "Hey fucker, give me all your money."

Um, you'd have to know my friend, and no, he was not the mugger-type.

Nonetheless, he apparently scared whoever it was quite nicely. That person fled (with my friend futilely trying to explain), then called the cops, who didn't have too much trouble finding my friend, who'd just chalked it up to a misunderstanding...one that eventually cost him something like $120 bucks on a disorderly conduct citation.

Well, at least it didn't cost him a night or more in jail.

So, be careful who you mug, want to mug...or just want to say hello to creatively...

No comments:

Post a Comment