Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Edwards Has Landed


In addition to the actual news of the endorsement by John Edwards--but not, it should be noted, Elizabeth Edwards, and yes, I think that's important--I got treated to some pearls of wisdom from none other than one of my latest bete noirs, Mudcat Saunders himself.

David "Mudcat" Saunders, a chief adviser for Edwards on rural affairs during his presidential campaign, said the timing of the endorsement couldn't be better given Obama's resounding loss in West Virginia on Tuesday.

"For Barack Obama, I think he ought to kiss Johnny Edwards on the lips to kill this 41-point loss," he added. "The story is not going to be the 41-point loss. It's going to be Edwards' endorsement."


Gee, thanks for your usual astute analysis, Mudcat. I doubt anyone would've realized...

For those of us who aren't enamored of Democratic "strategery" that panders to NASCAR Dads or whatever flavor of the month...a strategy, by the way, that will NEVER win, because it's patently phoney from the outset...here's more analysis from Al Giordano, along with a link to a site that the geek in me finds fascinating: live tracking of private or commerical flights, including the flight Edwards took from Raleigh to Grand Rapids...hey, wait a second. I've been to both airports, although Grand Rapids only because it's the only "incident" I've ever experienced in the air (after safely landing, the pilot explained that his windshield developed a significant crack in mid-flight)...

Anyway...wish there'd been a website like this available while my father was alive. He was a licensed pilot, and it would've been fun to track his flights (for the record, he had a full career as a carrier based pilot in the United States Navy, then continued flying as a company pilot for a Louisiana business. The planes I remember him flying were the E-1b, the C-2, and, in private aviation, a Beechcraft King-Air).

No comments:

Post a Comment