Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Not Exactly Bread and Circuses


Sadly, No has more on your Hillary Clinton gas tax holiday.

To repeat with a little more emphasis something I mentioned in a previous post: I'm WILLING to spend $30--not $30 a month, or $30 a week, or a day, no $30 TOTAL, in exchange for road improvement and/or construction projects that additionally EMPLOY a fair number of "working class" people Hillary suddenly purports to care for. And while I'd personally prefer to see public transit like inter or intra-urban rail, I'll (grudgingly but willingly) compromise--in exchange for my $30, I get a pretty good deal, that is, better roads, plus more people in my community who work, spend money on goods and services, etc., which is a good thing.

Veering slightly off topic here--you know, just as the religios whackos had their day in the sun (which the rest of us know as the Dark Ages), the anti-tax zealots likewise have many examples of their preferred system, which the rest of us know as Third World or underdeveloped countries. Most have remarkably low levels of taxation and extremely "business-friendly" government policies.

Let's see how long the anti-tax zealots could stand it...and no, I don't mean doing the tourist stuff. I mean actually living in an underdeveloped country for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment