Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sir Bobby The-Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Lady-Queen-Bee


He is packing it in and packing it up
And sneaking away and buggering up
And chickening out and pissing off home,
Yes, bravely he is throwing in the sponge...


They are the Lege That Says..."Ni."

Alright, now, to be slightly more serious...all things considered, this issue is almost all symbol and zero substance--my math skills are deteriorating as I age, but the increase, best as I can tell, is one quarter of one percent of a $30 billion dollar budget...additionally, thanks to--what else?--a piss-poor Bush energy "policy," the Gret Stet's Treasury should be in rather good shape, at least for a while.

That said, if Sir Bobby is feeling a little hot under the collar and not just because it's summer in Red Stick, well...I can't say I feel real sorry for him. His political party has for generations screeched long and loud over fluff like flag lapel pins and Pledge of Alliegance posture...or Bill Clinton's ahem, Johnson...

On the flip side, they've demonstrated a level of sheer savagery that's NOT so symbolic: off hand, I can think of fundamental women's rights, or Terry Schiavo, to name two examples, and an obscenely casual disregard for the mess they've made in Iraq.

So, if the wingnuts want to turn on one of their own for "violating" principles, well, let the feeding frenzy commence, and I'll wait till they're done before noting that "principle" and "wingnut" are diametrically opposed terms.

And, in the interim, I'll hum a little tune:

No comments:

Post a Comment