Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Time to Make Some History


Guess I'll go stand in line, which itself is a little refreshing: I've been voting at this precinct since 2005, and this will be the first time I've had to wait ...which doesn't upset me, although the long lines I've been hearing about are yet another example of how conservative rule does everything it can to limit our democratic rights.

In a similar vein, another fine example are the Sequoia Advantage voting machines that will hopefully record my vote accurately...but there's no guarantee AND studies show them to be disturbingly easy to hack. Note: I first learned of problems with Sequoia voting machines from Crawling Westward.

Anyway--it will nonetheless be historic...and even with the Gret Stet presumably going to the mouthbreathers, this is by far and away the most enthusiastic vote I've ever cast. The only one that comes even close would be from 1992, when I also waited for some time before casting my ballot/thumbs down on four more years of Bush I.

Back in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment