Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Compromise With the GOP
From 2Millionth Web Log


OK, my .0000000000000002 cents worth...yes, it's known that Obama himself plays a pretty mean game of poker--but I'm precisely worried about this (short version: things AREN'T looking good, and Obama's being framed by the GOP as this generation's Jimmy Carter, hence their decided lack of cooperation in passing the stimulus bill)...to the extent that I've mentioned it before.

And that's got me wondering a bit about the Obama strategy. I know his record is moderate...even as I enthusiastically voted for him I knew he'd in some ways disappoint me (though having voted for lesser of evils my whole life, it was still refreshing to vote FOR instead of against someone)...but...

If recent events don't demostrate the fundamental bankruptcy, no pun intended, of not only conservative wingnuttery but also that of a major enabler--neo-liberalism--then I worry we might well be seeing Carter redux, and on steroids, after all.

I shudder to think of what could happen then.

2 comments:

  1. I'm similarly concerned, and would hate for Obama to misplay his hand and become a Carter II.

    Regarding the specter of Palin, Jesus General's latest post was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link...made my otherwise very busy day.

    That said, I'm hoping busy equals some measure of job security, what with everything else going on.

    ReplyDelete