Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Grounded...An Update
From Album3


Even as Pimpgate falls apart faster than a cheap, fake costume (and check out Rachel Maddow's website tomorrow for more), my suspicions re: "investigative reporter" O'Keefe are, alas, confirmed -- someone paid out enough money to hire a fixer who pulled some strings, getting the boy off rather lightly in the process.

I'm not real surprised, though something tells me O'Keefe's fifteen minutes are coming to a rapid and ignominious end. The only real question is who's paying the big bucks -- getting charges reduced to a misdemeanor doesn't come cheap...if some wingnut benefactor shelled out, we can probably expect young Jim to not go so quietly into the night; if it was mom and dad taking out yet another mortgage on the house, O'Keefe will probably fade away and radiate.

And so it goes...

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the heads up about the maddow segment, that was an excellent encapsulation of this O'Keefe/Fox bullshit.

    http://bit.ly/cZEKeI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish my suspicions hadn't been confirmed, especially since O'Keefe really hurt a number of people (i.e. Acorn employees), and did so maliciously...on the other hand, I think all of us know hoe justice really works...

    Would add a bit more, but the cat has decided one of my arms makes an excellent pillow...and my lap a decent bunk.

    ReplyDelete